August’s Recipe of the Month
Biscuits and Gravy Bake
YIELDS: 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINS
2(16.3-oz.) can refrigerated biscuits
2 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 1/2 c. milk
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch cayenne pepper
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 tbsp. freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a 9″-x-13″ baking pan with cooking spray. Cut biscuits into quarters and add half to prepared pan. Bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make gravy: In a large skillet over medium heat, add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Add flour and cook 1 minute more. Pour in milk and whisk to combine. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring gravy to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour gravy over par-baked biscuits, then top with remaining biscuits. Brush biscuits with melted butter and season with black pepper.
- Bake until golden and cooked through, 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chives before serving.
Comments are closed.