New Infection Control Safety Protocol Measures
As an oral maxillofacial surgery practice, we have always incorporated high levels of infection control amd sterility to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients as well as our team members. Due to the recent Covid 19 outbreak, we are adding additional protocols to assure our patients and staff will be as safe as possible in our practice. We are complying with all state and federal guidelines and recommendation for infection control made by the CDC (Center for Disease Control), OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), CDPH (California Dept of Public Health), ADA ( American Dental Association) and AAOMS (American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery). We are constantly monitoring the guidelines to stay up-to-date on any changes issued from these agencies. All staff will wear masks for any patient contact
- Imaging staff will also wear eye protection, gloves and disposable lab jackets
- Surgical staff and doctors will add N95 masks and face shields to their existing PPE protocol
- In addition to our typical sterilization practices, all ancillary surfaces will be disinfected between patients to include doors, handles, counters, pens, computer keyboards & mouses
- We have removed items including magazines, books and flyers from our reception room to aid in disinfection
- The restroom will be thoroughly sanitized multiple times throughout each business day between patient use
- All scheduled appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and we will make every effort to minimize the number of patients in our office at any given time
- We are incorporating maximum air filtration with HEPA filters in our operatories in addition to the central air filtration system provided by Scripps
- Patient rides will be asked to wait in the car, and we will correspond via phone for pick up time
To comply with county guidelines, we will require that all patients present to the office wearing a mask or face covering. Each patient will also be required to fill out a Covid 19 respiratory screeining questionnaire and your temperature will be taken before being seen.
We also ask that unless you are a minor or require assistance, please come alone to your visit.
We take great pride in our office care and taking care of patients is what we do best. Please let us know if you have any concerns with any of these protocols and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
We are all in this together!