July’s Recipe of the Month
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 25 MINS
12 oz. fettuccine
4 slices bacon
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
Freshly ground black pepper
4 large eggs, beaten
3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
1/3 c. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until bacon is crispy, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl and drain half the fat in skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Season generously with salt and pepper and cook, flipping halfway through, until no longer pink, 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and return bacon to skillet. Toss, then add cooked pasta and toss until combined.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs, Parmesan, and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over pasta and toss until coated, then add a couple tablespoons pasta water until creamy. (Add more pasta water by the tablespoonful as necessary.)
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley and serve immediately.
Comments are closed.